The Wise County School Board Requires Visitor to Check in at the Main Office.
(WCPS Visitors Policy)
Visitors are Welcome! All visitors will be buzzed in and will be directed to report to the main office. Each visitor must state the reason for their visit and the expected length of their visit. Each visitor must sign in and out, as well as obtain a visitors pass that lists the following information:
First & Last Name:
1. Each visitor will be required to wear passes on their shirt for quick identification from school personnel and students.
2. The WCPS screening procedure is to protect all students and staff from outside individuals who may come into the school to disrupt the program or endanger the safety of others.
3. If a visitor has made prior arrangements to work with a teacher, a visitors pass may be granted by an administrator.
4. Visitors who have not made prior arrangements with teachers will not be issued a visitors pass.
5. Parents are always welcome to visit the school and are encouraged to do so. We do ask however, that they cooperate with administration and the visitors procedures. It is necessary that the administration knows who is in the building.
6. Former students who wish to visit teachers should do so during the teacher's planning period. Those wishing to visit a teacher during lunch should obtain permission from the principal or designee. They are also required to follow the visitors check-in procedure.
7. All Visitors Must Get A Pass And They Must Display The Pass On Your Person.
8. Visitors caught without a visitors pass will be escorted out of the school and off of the school property.
9. No unauthorized person shall be allowed.
10. FOR THE PROTECTION OF ALL OUR STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF THE VISITATION POLICIES ARE TAKEN EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY
11. Central High School will use its on campus security and any other legal means necessary to terminate any unauthorized visits.